Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What was your best day in 2010?

cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Mine was two fold, hiking Pikes Peak and much more time with my son, and my 4 parents.
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Toss up.August,20 Baby Boy graduated basic at Ft Benning.
    ADAMFtBenning.jpg
    Novenber,15.I met this little bugger!
    103_3606.jpg
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    October 8th is a day that I will never forget.That is the day that I was blessed with my second son :woohoo:

DSC_0119.jpg

Happy new year!!!!
  • srq2625
    srq2625 Posts: 262
    I had two good days ...

1. April 30, 2010 ... the day I took this (single exposure, very little photoshop editing)
    852363015_gkjjH-M.jpg

2. Dec 12 - the day things lined up well enough for my son to finally get a place of his own. This economy has really had him on the ropes.
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    I had a lot of good days in 2010 - in fact as I think about it, in the big picture I had very few bad days. The day that sticks out most has to be December 13. I went to the opthamalogist with my mother for her 1-week follow up to cataract surgery. She has worn glasses since she was 3 years old (76 years) - after the surgery, with the new lens they used, she will no longer need to wear glasses. The doctor says the biggest adjustment for her is going to be getting used to not wearing them! I sat there, amazed - could not believe the improvement in her vision.
  • cookn biker
    Doug,
    That is a beautiful moment in time. Thanks for sharing.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    My best days are the ones I learn something, or just make someone smile...... Dang, I had 365 of those last year!
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    My best day was May 8th: my sweetie's birthday, my sissie's birthday and they were both with me on that day to celebrate the beginning of my retirement at a great party. Every day since then has been wonderful!
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Climbing Mt. Rainier in July and receiving a BGE on Christmas day!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    That is amazing. Just think no more glasses. No more pushing them up on your nose...good for her. :)
  • Hoss;
    Being a US Marine for life and and a dad of three I applaud those pictures more than you know!

Thanks for sharing;
    CVD
  • Without a doubt, April 10! Life changing!

gotmyegg.jpg
  • cookn biker
    It really is!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • 2Fategghead
    thirdeye because of you and your work on your website my cooks continue to improve. Thanks for all you do. ;)
  • Hoss
    Thank you.I am ONE PROUD PAPA! ;)
  • First Sat in May,my 1st eggfest in Winston Salem. I went home with a large egg and found out about this great forum
  • cookn biker
    Nice!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Spending time with my wife Ali in Crested Butte..Priceless

OH..and being away from work was good! :woohoo:

CB2010_09_30021.jpg
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    In looking back they were all great, because I'm still here to think about it.
    Every day is a blessing and I'm happy for each and every one of them.
    This was a very special day for me, Mike catching fish in FL for the first time. :woohoo:
    IMG_0406-4.jpg
    2010 Mini Fest, Jim Anderson another great friend. :)
    IMG_0486.jpg
    More great frinds. :)
    IMG_0465-2.jpg
    Yes a great day. :)
    IMG_0453-2.jpg
    This day was a blast, Wild lady takes on a gator with her bare hands. :laugh:
    IMG_0439-2.jpg
    Our first ever Halloween decorations.
    IMG_0507.jpg
    Thanks for asking and looking.
    Jupiter Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• cookn biker
    Happy New Year!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • I don't remember the days exactly, but the two best days of 2010 were:
    1. The day we found a small egg in pretty good condition and saved it from an unloving home. :silly:
    2. The day we presented my father with his rescued (and refurbished) egg for father's day.
    :cheer:
    My dad (and my mom too) have been very, VERY good to me. It was a small gift compared to what they've given me thru the years. ;)
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    My best day was the day the Egg came home.
    MrHollowaygetshisBigGreenEgg.jpg

and everyday of cooking on it from then on :laugh:

Happy New Year

Shane
  • And...You should be!!!
  • Molly, That is a hard one.....There have been a few "stand out" days, but all I can really pin point is that God has granted me a few more days of life as I know it....I am thankful for every day, no matter how hard it may be.

I am also thankful for all the folk I've gotten to know (face to face or here on the forum) that are the EggHeads in my life! :)

A friend and co-worker left a note on my desk a few months back that really makes sense....
    "Struggle is inevitable...Misery is a choice"
    I truly want to live this!

Happy New Year...And I wish you all the best.
  • Hoss
  • Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    Had a lot of great days in 2010, but my best was winter camping in the Red River Gorge in February where we had lots of snow, great food and strong drink. Here was my mango shrimp being cooked on an improvised grill topper over BGE hardwood lump.
    DSC_0537.jpg
    Woke up the next morning to the sound of snow slipping off the tents. We ended up with nine inches that day as we hiked out to civilization.
    DSC_0552-1-1.jpg
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Has to be the day I received word that Buttzze (stike’s pet) was returned safely to him; we’re not real sure why he keeps running away :ermm: :huh: :

StikesGoat.jpg
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    From a BBQ perspective, I had two best days:

6/29 - The day our Small came home:
    DSCN3197.jpg

7/9 - The day our XL arrived:
    DSCN3239.jpg
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    I could be wrong but just maybe Buttzze heard some one mutter something like Dry Aged Goat and it just make life too sscarey for him. :laugh:
    Jupiter Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• 2Fategghead
    From the stories I've heard I'm surprised the goat was still alive. :unsure:
  • BigA
    BigA Posts: 1,157
    the birth of this little guy.

Mr. Morgun!!ry4001.jpg