Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thirdeye Thirdhand not indestructible - Me bad

Options
Retired RailRoader
Retired RailRoader Posts: 975
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
As everyone knows the east coast got slammed with a blizzard Sunday. I started my usual routine of snow removal by doing my driveway and walkway. I then go down the block to help the neighbors that do not have a snow blower to remove their snow. When all the neighbors snow is removed I remove the snow off my patio where my eggs are. Well little did I know the wind must have lifted up the cover just enough to blow my Thirdeye Thirdhand into the 18 inches of snow. So there I am minding my own business when the snow blower starts to make all sorts of clanking. I shut everything down look into the snowblower and say what the F*** is that?

IMG_0106.jpg

If you look close you can almost see what it should like. Fortunately the snow blower and operator are fine but my Thirdhand has bit the dust.

dsc04523a.jpg

So Thirdeye if you read this expect a order from me for the new snow blower proof model.
Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.

Comments

• thegrillster
    Options
    I think you are fortunate that the thirdhand is all that was lost.

This is a good post for the rest of us in snowy country. It is easy to lose track of what is actually on our decks or patios when they are snow covered. I am constantly digging through the snow looking for something that I picture in the last place I left it.
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    John,

Wow, what a story... glad you weren't hurt. Looking at that twisted tool, it's hard to believe the snow blower didn't get some kind of damage.

I know you are one of the original Field Testers, but hey buddy... that's taking it a little far. Heheee.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Should be covered under warranty, no? "Dude, I have no idea how it happened! I just lifted the grid with it and BAM - it turned into a pretzel!! Umm, pass the mustard please?" :laugh:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Perhaps it is covered under warranty as you are the original owner.