Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

All I got for Christmas....

elzbth
elzbth Posts: 2,075
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, not all, but definitely two of my favorites....(guess I was a good girl this year).. ;)

IMG_1379.jpg

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    You were a good girl Elizabeth!! I expect to see some bread from you. ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Smith's Bakery on Dauphin Street in the late 50's made the best bread. The eclairs and cream puffs were my favorite there. I miss old Mobile and the bakery's like Pollmans and a long time ago, there was a bakery on the corner of Govt. and Broad st. called The Electric Maid. They had the best doughnuts in the 1940's.
    Anyway, Santa was good to you. Bread is the staff of life.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Howard Johnsons used to make some killer cinnamon rolls. Back when they had restaurants.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Whoa! That's a stroll down memory lane, for sure. The bakery is now a restaurant. I don't remember The Electric Maid....I'm sure my mother will. Pollman's still has the main bakery on Broad Street....they make the best butter biscuits. Thanks for the comments. :)
  • That chick on the cover of the book scares the crap out of me.
  • That chick on the cover of the book scares the crap out of me.
  • dwtdc
    dwtdc Posts: 35
    I'm from Mobile also. Merry Christmas. :)
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Very nice Elizabeth! Just seeing the Channel #5 brings the memory of its fragrance to me. I've changed perfumes now, but may have to revisit Channel.
  • I've got a couple of books by Reinhart and I love them, Elizabeth. Can't wait to see your results.