Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Uncle Bubba’s Chargrilled Oysters....on the mini

Options
Hic
Hic Posts: 350
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I grew up in Mass and my friends would always celebrate Christmas Eve with the Feast of the 7 Fishes and then when I moved to Florida my extended family celebrated Christmas Eve the same way. Since I have recently moved to Georgia and we're starting are own traditions, we only had 4 fish and one of them was Uncle Bubba Chargrilled Oysters. It was only 3 of us, my wife and I and the MIL. Neither of them really eat fish but they went along......but wouldn't go near the oysters. More for me!
I first had them this past summer when we were in Savannah for out honeymoon. Here's the recipe
http://unclebubbas.com/index.php/recipes/view/uncle_bubbas_chargrilled_oysters_recipe/, I changed up the recipe by adding some cajun spice and using a handful of mesquite chips, they came out pretty good, I thought.

P1020256.jpg
P1020257.jpg
P1020258.jpg

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

Comments

• LFGEnergy
    Options
    Wow...incredible....

As a wee lad of 20, my dad took me to an old fishing village on Quattro Island off of Nanaimo, on Vancouver Island in BC Canada, where I was introduced to these fist-sized, salty oysters, that we prepared similar to yours. I will NEVER forget the flavor and texture. We ate them for every meal, grilled or raw. Wish we had a safe source (OK, been sick a few times on these bad boys) of quality oysters in the shell!!!

Great cook - thanks for sharing!!!