Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Up late...Xmas Eve Brisket Flat on at 1:40am

Fornia
Fornia Posts: 451
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ahhhh, very tired.... I see only 19 members are online...cant imagine anyone is as dumb as I to cause a brutal day and still awake to browse the forum.

Took a vacay day and hit the streets early to Sams Club. Grabbed our Xmas Eve Flat.

Then did a ton of stuff around the house, much of which was due to my procrastination. :blush: One of those dadays where you look in your fridge, and then decide to take it all apart, clean, and reorganize. Not on the original agenda!

Not a bit of shopping done until 9pm tonight...and I pulled out as they shut the mall down (11pm) with all in tow. Then decided to drop by and do some final grocery shopping. Trying at all costs to stay off the roads tomorrow! :woohoo:

TIS THE SEASON FOR THIS HERE IDIOTIC PROCRASTINATOR!

I keep hoping Santa brings a Guru...we'll see in a few hours. Until then, it's me waiting up a while to make sure it stays at temp a while.

Here is the 8# flat...250 with hickory. Mustard slather with black bart's briskey rub. I'll try to post updated photos, but I'm keeping it closed as long as I can.

Cheers to a very happy holiday!

IMG_2395.jpg
IMG_2396.jpg

Comments

• Good Morning Jason, how's that brisket coming along? :laugh:
  • Fornia
    Hey Rebecca!

Don't tell me you're doing the same thing?? :woohoo:
  • I wish. I'm just making some gooey, sticky pecan rolls for breakfast.
  • Fornia
    NICE!!! Sounds real, real good right about now. Your family may wake to the smell of all that!

The flat is at 140, Egg at 255 at the 3 hour point in the cook.

I think the Egg can run for at least 2-3 hours without me wanting to get up and check it. :blush:

Wondering if I should just stay up at this point....but I'm feeling woozy. Just made a killer batch of Mac & Cheese though!
  • Jason ... After years of not sleeping when meat was on the egg... now I just stick the meat in , tweak the temp and when stabilized, go to bed and done with it ... so far no problems .. hope your brisket turned out good and hope you get your wish for Christmas. If you get some "finished" pics post on our forum and we'll chat there ... also .. KCBS practice cooks at the store after the new year . FB/SGP
    Fred A. Bernardo , owner of Tasty Licks BBQ Supply in Shillington, Pa. 
  • Glad to see someone else is doing an overnight brisket on Christmas eve. It's 12:35 am, got a 10lb. whole brisket stabilized around 250, thinking about heading off to bed. First brisket cook for me, and after many days of searching hints on brisket cooking on the egg, I think I am set up pretty good.