Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

sappy New Year's message

Options
Mark Backer
Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I cannot adequately put into words how much I've enjoyed this forum, and to that end, egging, this year. It seems like a lifetime ago that I had a crappy char-broiler gasser and I didn't know anything about T-Rexing, spatch-cocking, indirect cooking, MAPPing, Elder ward, nature boy and dizzy pig, wess and sally and their tiki hut, stike and his drunken lunches, djm5x9, max and spawn and their kindness thru the holidays in helping challenged turkey cooks (and every other day for that matter, tnslagemater and his help, yb, carwashmike, BGEWDE and his great new butcher shop, Woo-doggies, stumps of any kind, molly shark and thermapens, check the archive, houseoffaulkner.com, Naked Whiz, Bobby-Q (when are you gonna offer me a job?), 57th fighter, Spring "insert message here" Chicken, Qsis, Jwirlwind, Eggvis, Sigmore, Pigasso, Pakak, Jappledog and anyone and everyone else I've left out in this message.[p]I cannot imagine learning to cook better food from nicer people anywhere. Period. [p]My family and I wish you a Happy and prosperous New Year.[p]Todd

Comments

• chuckls
    chuckls Posts: 399
    Options
    Mark Backer,[p]Happy Q Year![p]Chuck
  • Pigasso
    Pigasso Posts: 111
    Options
    Mark Backer, Sappy backatcha! A wonderful sentiment shared and appreciated by all I am sure.[p]With the very best of wishes for 2005[p]Pigasso & Sue E.

• Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Options
    Mark Backer,
    Stop it big guy, you're making me tear up!! This has been a great year with all of us making new friends and learning new things. Let's just see how far we can go with the cult. I'm raising my kool-ade up high, thanks everyone. 3 more hours.

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Mark Backer,[p]Back to you man. Give the ladies of the house a hello from Peculiar, Missouri.[p]CWM
  • Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    Mark, Back at you too., and eggsellent.
    Been a pleasure following your posts. You have a great sense of humor and add a lot to the forum.
    And yes there are a great bunch of people here helping each other.
    Bob

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Sappy year to you too, Todd. Well put - we have also really enjoyed all that you have added to the forum, not the least of which have been some great pics and a friendly attitude.[p]Keep the smoke risin' in '05,[p]Jason
  • tn slagamater
    Options
    Mark Backer, you are a class act, Todd and Molly !! I am glad you found out about the Egg ! You add a lot to this Green room... Great 2005 to 'ya both.

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    I love you, man![p]

• GrillMeister
    Options
    Happy New Year back at ya![p]War Eagle! (I actually did pick Auburn to root for when I lived in Huntsville)[p]Hook'm Horns tomorrow at the Rose Bowl![p]GrillMeister
    Austin, TX

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Options
    Mark Backer,[p]And Happy New Year to you and yours. Now I simply must get out and attend my church's exciting NYE singles party. Oh boy.
  • Mark Backer,
    Same tu youx bUddy. Itx bean a gud yearr. Eye'm gonno snart selebrat'n nex yr juss ass oon as i phinish up swishing ever body a nappy hew ear.[p]Spring "Already In The Sauce" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Options
    Mark Backer,
    I second that!
    Its a great group here. Here's wishing you and yours all the best in '05.
    later,
    ChefRD

• Mark Backer,
    To those listed and not, to the handholding for us eternal students, to the feelings of being with friends on NYE without the drive or the hangover, and to all those wonderful meals and bellylaughs and caring and sharing...
    Thanks for sustaining us in 2003 and 2004, and here's to a safe and happy 2005
    Kathy Kerr and Vic Covaleski

• Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Options
    Sprang Cihken,
    Eye koona shad it badder myshelf. Ears tooya.

• StumpBaby
    Options
    Mark Backer,[p]Well said! I would also like to thank everybody for another fun year, and wish everybody on the forum a healthy and prosperous new year.[p]As for that spatchcocked chicken thing..I don't know..can't get past the name..I just keep picturin this chicken struttin around..proudly sportin a giant spatula shaped..uhh..er...well you know what. Round here..you just would NOT cook somethin like that..it's like eatin the hand what feeds you...do you have ANY idea how many tickets something like that would bring in..that'd be top billin in the weirdo tent for sure![p]Ahh..but a man can dream..eh ?[p]Thanks for letting me ..bother..uh..I mean..er..umm...mm....hang round with you guys for another year.[p]StumpBaby