Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hawaiian Pork Chops...

SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,500
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Morning All:

At about 3:30pm this afternoon EggHatter asked if I would fix a pork loin (3.3 lbs) for dinner tonight (as she took it out of the freezer). Being the obedient husband that I am :laugh: I said of course and prepared a brine to both help it thaw and add moisture. Here is the whole loin (has been cut, but to give you an idea of the size)...
S121910-01.jpg

After a while she then asked if instead of the whole loin could I do boneless chops, so again "yes dear" and it became four chops...
S121910-02.jpg

Then she asked "how about stuffing them"...we looked around the kitchen and found pistachios, dried pineapple & coconut and of course DP Pineapple Head...ended up using about a 0.25 cup of each for two chops...here stuffed with mixture...
S121910-04.jpg

a few toothpicks to hold them together...
S121910-05.jpg

Also baked a sweet tator that had been split in half lengthwise, sprinkled with DP Pineapple Head, a couple pats of butter and some brown sugar then wrapped in foil...the tators went on about 20 minutes before the chops (400 dome temp) indirect on a couple of pieces of broken platesetter...then the chops on direct, raised grid...
S121910-06.jpg

Once the chops were almost done, pulled the tators and finished the chops...
S121910-10.jpg

Then onto the plates...
S121910-11.jpg

And a closeup of the chops after slicing through...
S121910-13.jpg

This was VERY GOOD! The pineapple, pistachio & coconut went together fantastically. Also used a couple chunks of Guava wood when the chops went on to keep the Hawaiian theme going. Will do the other two chops later this week.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments