Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2nd Annual company Christmas cook

Options
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior Posts: 1,702
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For the second year now, I've cooked the turkeys, hams and made the gravy for my company's Christmas luncheon which was this past Thursday at noon. Here's a little short pictorial of how it goes. Wake up is at 4:00am. The temperature is -2F. :(
110-1044_IMG.jpg

I prep the birds Mad Max style and start the stock for the gravy.
110-1042_IMG.jpg

It's cold, dark and the egg's domes and lower vents are frozen shut. Fun, fun, fun. :angry: The eggs are lit at 5:00am.
110-1043_IMG.jpg

The birds were both a little over 12lbs. and I started them at 6:00am. This is about an hour and a half in. It's still dark. :pinch:
110-1045_IMG.jpg

The hams were both 9lb. Hillshire Smoked Spiral Sliced. I didn't take any photos of them. I put them in the oven in a roaster at about 8:30

The birds are close to being done now and it's daylight too. :laugh:
110-1046_IMG.jpg

And finally, the finished birds. This was about 9:45am. I let the birds rest for 30 minutes and then carved into a large foil tray that fits perfectly in the top of my roaster oven. The hams were done at 10:30.
110-1049_IMG.jpg

The turkeys, hams and gravy were delivered by 11:30am. for the noon-time dinner. ;)

Comments