Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

X-lg accessories

Dragline
Dragline Posts: 3
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just wondering what accessories people have found that are very helpful with the x-lg egg> I have two x-lg and one lg. Have been looking at the ceramic grill store site and was wondering how the triangle hanger is working and if you can put a cast iron grid for a large close to the fire for steak searing.
Thanks

Comments

• I got the triangle hanger and a Large Cast Iron Grid for searing. I also got the XL Raised grid to bring the cooking surface up to the gasket level.

BBQ Guru - love that thing.

Pizza stone for indirect and hanging on the triangle hanger.
  • I am waiting on the XL rig. I am also considering the 24" XL CI grid made by a third party - don't recall the manufacturer, it is a 24" grid, with a frame, and there are three equal sized grids - you can remove 1/3 or 2/3 and make those parts a griddle, for example (there are other options). Not sure if this is worth the cost vs. buying a large CI grid with a triangle holder.

I am waiting to see what the new XL stuff will be from the ceramicgrillstore.com. Supposedly a larger pizza stone is coming - I think a 17.5" stone, and 16x20 oval grid for the rig.

In the meantime, I use a platesetter for indirect, and 4 sets of 5" (longest I could find)stainless steel bolts/nuts/washers to raise my grid into the dome.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    The owner/designer for the Ceramic Grill Store is also an XL BGE owner.
    It's all good stuff. I have the triangle hanger and it's great for searing with a grid on it.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • You may want to hang tight. He (Tom) is coming out with the Xl adjustable Rig and then soon after the spider for the XL ( I think).

Very soon.

He said to keep checking his web site.

XL GrEGGer ;)
  • beerguy
    beerguy Posts: 116
    Should be available right after the first of the year last I heard. I'm waiting patiently! :whistle: