Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Speaking of Fire Bricks...

Eggsellent
Eggsellent Posts: 160
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Where can I purchase some? Can they be found somewhere like Home Depot, a grill store, or where? We need some for the small and having never purchased such an item - I have no idea where to look.

Comments

• Eggsellent,[p]You will have to find them at a fireplace store or brickyard. I think this is the place in Duluth, Ga that I called that said they had them:[p]Franklin Brick Company
    (770) 476-8106
    3185 Pleasant Hill Rd
    Duluth, GA 30044[p]

• Eggsellent, H Depot didn't have em here in Dalton, but Ace Hardware had em for a couple bucks a piece...two of em is just right for the small and 3 for the large...don't think one will go in the mini unless you cut it down.

• Smokeydrew's idea sounds good for where you live. I stopped by a job sight where they were building a total masonary fireplace to ask where they got their firebrick and the builder gave me a 1/2 dozen. Tractor Supply has some thin type for wood stoves so you might also check stores that carry wood burning stoves.
    Good Luck & Good Eggin,
    Poppasam

• badbruce
    badbruce Posts: 353
    Eggsellent,
    In addition to those stores mentioned above add masonry supply stores. They should have a selection of fire brick sizes.
    I use 2 - 2X4 bricks for an elevated grill & 4 - 1X8 cut in half for indirect grilling.
    bruce

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Eggsellent,
    you have a Menard's in your neck of the woods? They sell them by the box of 6 for $10. What is nice is they are 9 x 4.5 x 1.25 and very versitale. I have given sets of them to new eggers several times.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RRP,
    NO - we don't have Menard's - darn it. But thanks to everyone I think I found a couple places around here where I can look.