Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

new years resolution -

Options
Sandbagger
Sandbagger Posts: 977
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After umpteen weight loss resolutions, I decided to take another direction with food. Can't beat it, organize it. My stack of egg related paperwork is now about one plus inches tall, some here, some there. Outside of the ole three ring binder, is there any other way to keep the paperwork, recipies and notes, organized for quick reference? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Happy New Year. Sandbagger

Comments

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    sandbagger,[p]Oh yeah. I don't DO paper at all. It accumulates and gets lost. I don't do analog stuff really. I keep EVERYTHING, egg related and not that came on paper in some software called PAPERPORT. You can organize stuff into folders and scan into that folder. It scans into a proprietary format that takes up very little room, but can be exported to jpg, put through OCR, etc. Then you can index it for quick lookup. I have all my bank statements, house papers, everything bck to 1996 in it. When I did my house refinance, I just went into house folder and printed out everything I needed. Unless it critically needs the original, I shred the paper copy and make sure my paperport folder is backed up frequently. I love it.[p]mShark
  • MollyShark,
    Can I come and live with you? Please! :)

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    MollyShark,
    Thank You Mom.[p]I just went and bought and downloaded it from their site. I have been needing something like this forever!![p]If it works like I think it will, I will be submitting my formal adoption papers for myself to your attorney. I come complete with a Large BGE, a steady income, and a culinary degree. I also dress myself and am house broken.

• Bobby-Q,
    Sorry Bobby boy. I got first dibs! Heeeeee!

• BBQBluesStringer
    Options
    I dunno... heard a rumor that you still leave the toilet seat up...[p]
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    BbqEdShark,[p]Is ok. I will take you all![p]Yes, it will work that well. I can't imagine not having it. Look at EVERY piece of paper laying around the house and you'll find a way to get rid of it. Not that my desk isn't overrun..but I seem to get new shipments of this stuff every day!!![p]Enjoy[p]mShark
  • Eggsellent
    Options
    MollyShark,
    You should be on that show "Mission Organization"! You could travel around to all our houses and get us organized. We'll feed you well, I promise!

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    MollyShark,
    O.K. Mrs. MollyShark,
    I'm willing to do windows, can I get included????? LOL[p]What a great group of eggers.[p]Respectfully,
    New Bob

• Sandbagger
    Options
    MollyShark, thanks, I am interested. I will check it out.