Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Snowy Egg

Davekatz
Davekatz Posts: 763
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
snowegg_P1020722121210.jpg

A little over 2 feet of snow on the ground (16 inches of it new this weekend), single-digit highs, and chest-high drifts. Looks like winter is here.

Anybody else get clobbered this weekend?
Food & Fire - The carnivorous ramblings of a gluten-free grill geek.

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Fresh snow sure is pretty.
    None here yet. Played golf this weekend in shorts.
    Just now getting a little color in the trees.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Chicago missed the worst of it. Got lots of rain on Saturday. Had it been snow, we'd be totally buried. But go a little bit north, or a little bit south, and things get much worse.

A friend of mine drove his family up to the twin cities for the Vikings game...oops.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    yeah, the bears did. hahaha

sorry.
    i miss smokin todd and his bragging about the jets. 's'no fun anymore.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • BigA
    BigA Posts: 1,157
    oops is right, no roof for the giant toilet bowl of the metro dome!! I am hoping the blow it up or they should just rip the roof off and play in the open air like real men. :laugh:
  • No kidding. I had the game on while I was baking Christmas cookies (made about 18 dozen yesterday). It's hard to work out your anger while baking cookies. The best I could come up with was angrily cracking eggs. I should have been kneading bread.
  • crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    Sorry, I was happily cracking my eggs while baking.... :woohoo:
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Ahhh.. guess winter is here! we(in ottawa) had freezing rain all day yesterday... lucky for us it turned to just rain long enough to melt away the freezed rain. followed that up with snow. :whistle:

Boilermaker Ben wrote:
    No kidding. I had the game on while I was baking Christmas cookies (made about 18 dozen yesterday). It's hard to work out your anger while baking cookies. The best I could come up with was angrily cracking eggs. I should have been kneading bread.

lmao.. angrily cracking eggs would make me even more angry!
    context is important :)
  • In Rochester, NY, we had a nice thaw with rain this weekend after the past week dumping about 16 inches of lake effect on us.

We also missed the big storm that went to the west of us to Canada, but the lake effect machine is back up and running now so we're getting several inches off of Lake Ontario the next day.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    was fun to watch. was at the pats/jets game last week, and that quite possibly was the most fun i have ever had at a patriots game. sides hurt from laughing. :laugh:

pats will lose to miami, you watch.

trap game.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • pci
    pci Posts: 249
    We got about 4 in. here on top of some ice here in central Iowa. It was 0 this morning & the wind the last few days sucks. Want to go fishing but not in this wind.
  • danny285
    danny285 Posts: 360
    I couldnt live like that.
  • GerM
    GerM Posts: 13
    Weekend was fine...gave us a chance to dig out from the 40+ inches of lake effect we got last week. Another 1-2 feet expected this week. CNY Rocks!
  • Dave, beautiful picture. Love that snow! Only got about 2 - 3 inches here.
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    No snow here, but plenty of cold. You have my sympathies on the snow - we get snow very infrequently and that's fine with me! ;) Stay warm and keep the shovels handy!