Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Orion Cooker......

Options
SmokinParrotHead
SmokinParrotHead Posts: 532
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any of you multi-cooker users ever used one or seen one in action? I know nothing about them but a friend was asking me about them and I didn't really have much to say, positive of negative. I have seen the videos on Youtube, but that is it.

Anyone??

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    They are ok for slow cooking but rubbery skin is a big complaint,, also the coals are exposed so they need to be watched.
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Two of my friends have them and really like 'em. One pretty much uses the recommended times (with some minor tweaks). The other has modified his so he can run a cable thermometer in there when doing briskets or butts.

They do cook fast and are similar to the Cajun microwave or La Caja China boxes. It's best to think of them as a roaster rather than a barbecue....

I personally don't care for the exposed charcoal and possible danger of fire when the wind picks up, and like many steel pits, the cold and wind will steal heat from them.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery