Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sandi\'s Meatball Recipe from Eggtoberfest

Options
drbbq
drbbq Posts: 1,152
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here's the recipe for those meatballs Sandi made at Eggtoberfest.

Sandi’s Zesty Sausage Cheese Balls in Pepper Jelly Sauce

1 package pork breakfast sausage roll
3/4 C Bisquick
2 C (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 C finely chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. chili powder
Hot Pepper Jelly

Prepare the egg to cook indirect at 350
Mix all ingredients except the Hot Pepper Jelly. Shape into 36 one inch balls. Place on grill topper.
Cook 15-18 minutes until firm
Remove from grill and dip in melted hot pepper jelly before serving
Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ

Comments

• Susan Egglaine
    Options
    YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
  • FrankC
    FrankC Posts: 416
    Options
    I know this may sound a little uninformed (nice way of saying dumb :whistle: ), but what is a package of pork breakfast sausage roll? Is it just a package of breakfast sausage links?

The recipe sounds great, and I want to try. Just want to make sure I use the right sausage!

fc :)
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    That sounds good. Thanks for posting!
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    Options
    FrankC wrote:
    I know this may sound a little uninformed (nice way of saying dumb :whistle: ), but what is a package of pork breakfast sausage roll? Is it just a package of breakfast sausage links?

The recipe sounds great, and I want to try. Just want to make sure I use the right sausage!

Ray will probably see this and respond, but breakfast sausage is frequently sold in 1-lb rolls. You slice off the patties and cook. My guess is that it would be wonderful with about any kind of sausage that you can mix like a meatloaf.
  • FrankC
    FrankC Posts: 416
    Options
    BobS wrote:
    FrankC wrote:

Ray will probably see this and respond, but breakfast sausage is frequently sold in 1-lb rolls. You slice off the patties and cook. My guess is that it would be wonderful with about any kind of sausage that you can mix like a meatloaf.

Thanks Bob...after I asked the question, that same thought came to mind. Thanks for the help!

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Eggzactly!
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ