Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Las Vegas BBQ?

Options
Fornia
Fornia Posts: 451
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Heading out to sin city this weekend for some business. Honestly, not a big fan of LV...solely based upon the fact that I've never really left the Strip. I do know there is much, much more to offer.

Anyone know of any good BBQ places to check out in/around the Strip?

I've been out quite a few times now and have a pretty good feel for the overall 'non-BBQ' food scene. This time though, I'd like to focus on some Q! :)

Thanks for any and all help!

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Get a layover in Memphis. :laugh: ;) Never been to Vegas.Sorry,no help. :blush:
  • Fornia
    Fornia Posts: 451
    Options
    Hoss,

I'd SO MUCH rather fly and stay in Memphis.

Had a friend text me a few weeks back, he said 'just landed in Memphis'. I texted back, 'go get yerself some BBQ!'.

He came back and told me he had the BEST ribs....and he had them in Chicago. :whistle:

Now I'm not taking anything away from Chicago...but I quickly learned that he was on an hour layover in Memphis. It was at least super funny for me...especially as he told me.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Yeah,we got some airport Q here that should REALLY be outlawed. :sick: Givin the real local places a bad name! :angry: City politics. :S I hate it when unsuspecting travelers come through here and get served that crap :sick: then tell everyone about how pitiful it is. :( :angry:
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Why not stop in Dallas on the way back? (And bring a seabag full of Fab products). :P I'll buy you Q and some cold beer. :)
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    The closest we've ever come to Q in Vegas is at Claim Jumper restaurant. It is a chain in the South West with at least 2 in the Vegas area. They used to have beef ribs that were pretty good. Haven't been there in a year or so, so not sure if they still have them on the menu.

I'd like to know if anyone else has found any good BBQ since we'll also be visiting in February.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    skip the Q and go to In - N - Out burger...Double Double monster style....
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Not BBQ but if you want some of the best Steak & Australian Cold Water Lobster ever go to Del Frisco's Steakhouse...you will thank me later...it is $$$$ though but well worth it... :lol: :silly:
  • Angela
    Angela Posts: 543
    Options
    I lived there for over 10 years and pretty much gave up trying to find good bbq in town, I always like ours better. Here is my short list review of the places I tried.

Memphis "championship" BBQ- locations around town, hated it

Famous Daves- I actually like this place, if I am going to eat bbq in a restaurant

Red Apple Grill- ate at their first location on Jones years ago before they moved to Charleston and Rainbow. The place was pretty good.

There is a little shack on West Charleston next to the Plant World Nursery that has bbq. Not sure if it's still there and it has irregular hours but it's been there forever and it's good. Just can't remember the name anymore. It is literally a tiny shack sitting alone next to the nursery.

Big Mama's Soul Food on Bonanza is good and has a wide variety of Southern food including bbq.

BBQ Shack on Rainbow and Warm Springs by the Albertsons. Food was pretty pedestrian, I wasn't particularly impressed.
    Egging on two larges + 36" Blackstone griddle
  • Angela
    Angela Posts: 543
    Options
    yep, I second this! The bbq restaurants in Vegas can not beat In-N-Out.

It's one of the things I miss about not living out West anymore. I'd never move back to CA, but I can get In-N-Out in Vegas and Phoenix too.
    Egging on two larges + 36" Blackstone griddle
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Emeril's joint in the Venetian? Or maybe I'm thinking of Delmonico. I get them all confused.

I think Charlie Palmer Steak at the Four Seasons is a much better meal....but you all know what they say about opinions.
  • asianflava
    Options
    There is a Salt Lick somewhere in Veags. I didn't post this earlier because it is off strip. I haven't been there, but the Salt Lick near Austin is one of my favorites.