Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Thanksgiving Desserts!

Eggspert in Training
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey everyone, I thought since Thanksgiving is this week, and many of you have had your eggs longer than I have, that you might be able to help me out.

Every year, my siblings and I have a dessert cook off, and I want to incorporate the BGE this year.

If you would be kind enough, I would love to hear your favorite dessert recipe that will bring me home the prize!

Thanks and looking forward to trying them!

(So far my favorite I have made is the Mountain Dew Apple Crescents in the bge cookbooks - Awesome if you haven't tried it!...just want to try something different.)

Comments

• This one is a little rich, but tastes sooo good.

EGGFEST 2006
    Chocolate Chip Kahlua Cake
    Ann Tabor
    Houston, Texas

1 Box of German Chocolate Cake Mix
    1 Package Instant Chocolate Pudding
    1 Pint Sour Cream
    ¾ Cup Oil
    4 Eggs
    1/3 Cup Kahlua
    ½ Bag Chocolate Chips

Set up Egg for an indirect cook. Stablilize at 350 degrees (at the grid) and make sure there is no smoke (this may take a while). Mix everything together and pour into greased Bundt pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes

Could always make a few pies. Apple is one of my favorites. Just make sure to let your lump burn extra long, dessert and smoke don't go well together.
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Here is my favorite. You can cook it in the BGE if that is necessary to win the throwdown or whatever. Happy Holidays.

http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/1998/02/key-lime-pie.html
  • Prefect timing. I've been thinking of a dessert myself and have been thinking of making Miss Alyce's Baked Apples. I got all the ingredients a month or so ago and have been dying to make this recipe ever since.

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=847207&catid=1
  • Another one by Ann Tabor - On Eggs by the Bay website

Intensely fudgey brownies - have made it a few time on the egg
    8 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped (Scharffen Berger or Valrhona 70% bittersweet is delicious)
    8 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
    12 tablespoons butter + extra for pan
    2 cups sugar
    ½ tsp. salt
    4 eggs
    2/3 cup flour
    ½ tsp. vanilla
    1-1 ½ cup chopped nuts

Set up Egg for an indirect cook and stabilize at 325 degrees,( about 375 dome temp) making sure you have a well established, "clean" fire. Prepare a 12" round cake pan by buttering the sides and bottom and lining w/parchment paper for easy removal of brownies.

Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler setup (large glass or stainless bowl set over saucepan of simmering water). Once chocolate and butter mixture is smooth, remove from heat. By hand, beat in the salt, sugar, vanilla and eggs one at a time. Add the flour and stir vigorously until the batter become shiny and pulls from the sides of the bowl. Stir in nuts, and turn mixture into prepared pan and bake for 60 to 70 minutes.

Don't have to make it in a Baker's Edge pan but makes a nice presentation
    IMG_1942.jpg

IMG_1943.jpg

IMG_1950.jpg

IMG_1957.jpg

Nuther one is Amaretto Cheese cake - made one last night and brought to work for a luncheon

Found this on a di Saronno recipe card - tasted like a custard - very nice and real easy to make

Ingredients
    1-1/2 cups coarse graham cracker crumbs
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    1/2 stick butter, melted
    1 fifteen ounce carton ricotta cheese
    1 eight ounce package cream cheese
    4 eggs lightly beaten
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/3 cup Amaretto di Saronno
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1/4 teaspoon salt

Combine crumbs and butter and brown sugar. Press over bottom and sides of a greased 9-inch springform pan, chill. Beat together the ricotta and cream cheese until smooth. Add remaining ingredients - beat until smooth. Put mixture into pan. Stabilize the Egg at 325. Bake (indirect - legs up) for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the middle is firm. Cool 20-30 minutes in pan before removing.

Added mangos to this one and have done it with peaches as well

IMG_1571800x600.jpg

IMG_1572800x600.jpg

IMG_1589800x600.jpg

Good luck - break a leg