Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

bbq guru

lakebndegger
lakebndegger Posts: 11
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Do you have to take out your screen to use blower adapter when using a large?

Thanks,
John

Comments

• I didn't have to. It is a tight fit though. I took the large egg adapter and slightly bent it so that made a ramp like surface for screen to slide on without the screen itself catching the corner of the adapter.

Keith
  • I'll give that a try. I messed with it for quite a while yesterday before cooking my butt the regular way.
    Thanks
    John
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    I never had any trouble with mine.
  • SGT BBQ
    SGT BBQ Posts: 190
    I do not take out my screen. The more I used the guru the easier the screen went over the edge of the guru. If your having problems you could use some tin foil to fill in your gaps at the bottom.
  •  
    No you don't have to remove the screen, but if you are not careful the screen will catch on the guru adapter and below is the result.

eggsettings455.jpg

GG
  • danny285
    danny285 Posts: 360
    I have never had a problem with the blower and sreeen, the guru is a must have acc for low n slow cooks.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    danny285 wrote:
    ...the guru is a must have acc for low n slow cooks.

Actually, while I guess it might be a "nice to have", it is not a "must have". I don't have one and have no problems with lo n slo cooks. Just wanted to offer that opinion to any new eggers who might think they HAVE to have one. The egg will maintain a lo n slo temp all day (or night) long all by itself. My 2¢...

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Carolina Q wrote:
    danny285 wrote:
    ...the guru is a must have acc for low n slow cooks.

Actually, while I guess it might be a "nice to have", it is not a "must have". I don't have one and have no problems with lo n slo cooks. Just wanted to offer that opinion to any new eggers who might think they HAVE to have one. The egg will maintain a lo n slo temp all day (or night) long all by itself. My 2¢...

It's true, I did many successful overnight cooks before I got my DigiQ. The DigiQ is nice because you don't have to monitor the temps as much. It truly makes it a set and forget affair. I get a lot more sleep now.
  • Thanks for all the input I'll try it again this Thursday morning.

John