Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

mad max dressing?

Options
texasAUtiger
texasAUtiger Posts: 154
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Is there a "mad max approved" recipe for great dressing to go with the mad max turkey?

I feel like I am ready with a great turkey recipe, a great gravy recipe, now I just need a killer dressing/stuffing recipe?

Anyone sitting on some family favorites that they are willing to share?

Comments

• BigA
    BigA Posts: 1,157
    Options
    my recipe is prepared by "Stove Top" :laugh: :laugh:
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    tried a bunch out of the bird, gave up, i cook a whole other bird in the oven with my stuffing flavored with bells seasoning onion celery and jimmy deans. its whats expected for stuffing in my house
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    i've been making this dressing for about 5 years now ... .from giada dilaurentis. . .its fantastic and everyone loves it .. .pancetta, chestnuts, etc .. and if you make enough turkey stock, use that instead of boxed chicken stock... .

Ciabatta Stuffing with Chestnuts and Pancetta
    Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
    See this recipe on air Friday Nov. 19 at 11:00 AM ET/PT.
    Show: Everyday Italian

Episode: Italian Thanskgiving

Check out these features:

Travel tips

Cooking videos

Shop now

Holiday ideas

Exclusive cookie recipes

ADVERTISEMENT

6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
    8 ounces pancetta, cut into 1/4-inch dice
    2 large onions, finely chopped
    2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
    3 celery stalks, finely chopped
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
    3 garlic cloves, chopped
    2 (7.4-ounce) jars roasted peeled whole chestnuts, coarsely broken
    1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
    1 pound day-old ciabatta bread, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
    2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
    1 cup (or more) canned low-salt chicken broth
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    2 large eggs, beaten to blend
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
    Butter a 15 by 10 by 2-inch glass baking dish. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add the pancetta and saute until crisp and golden, about 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pancetta to a large bowl. Melt the remaining butter in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions, carrots, celery, rosemary, and garlic. Saute until the onions are very tender, about 12 minutes. Gently stir in the chestnuts and parsley. Transfer the onion mixture to the large bowl with the pancetta. Add the bread and Parmesan and toss to coat. Add enough broth to the stuffing mixture to moisten. Season the stuffing, to taste, with salt and pepper. Mix in the eggs.
    Transfer the stuffing to the prepared dish. Cover with buttered foil, buttered side down, and bake until the stuffing is heated through, about 30 minutes. Uncover and continue baking until the top is crisp and golden, about 15 minutes longer.
  • texasAUtiger
    Options
    thanks for posting mad max... and folks keep 'em coming, please!