Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lamb Shanks, Comfort in a D.O. (pic hvy)

Little Chef
Little Chef Posts: 4,725
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Since we have so many 'foodies' on this forum, I think many of you can relate when I say that sometimes, we spontaneously buy simply because 'it looked too good to pass up'! :whistle: Well, this happened to me a couple days ago with some gorgeous lamb shanks that just kind of jumped into my shopping cart... :blush:

So here we go...

DSC02678.jpg
Mirapoixinity (yeah, I made that up...mirapoix plus green peppers and my last clove of Maineggs garlic :( ) beef broth, Sazon, Olive oil, Tomato Sauce and the shanks seasoned and ready to go.

Egg ready to go at about 375* or so....
DSC02681.jpg
Dutch oven directly on the coals, preheated, a bit of EVOO and making the shanks happy.

Shanks set aside...
DSC02682.jpg
Veggies sauteed, garlic added at the last minute...

DSC02683.jpg
Burgundy wine reducing with the veggies and fresh thyme.

DSC02685.jpg
Added the tomato sauce, Sazon, Beef broth...letting it reduce a bit.

DSC02686.jpg
Everybody in the pool getting happy. Brought it back to the boil before adding the plate setter and green feet for the simmer.

DSC02687.jpg
Almost ready! Simmered about 2.5 hours

Dinner time!
DSC02689.jpg
Served with Saffron rice and home made Pink beans, cuban flavored. Comfort food for sure.
PS...The hubby didn't really believe me when I said the shanks 'jumped' into the shopping cart... :blush:

Thanks for looking!

Comments