Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

XL-ent pizza!

BBQfan1BBQfan1 Posts: 562
edited 7:45PM in EggHead Forum
113-1374_IMG.JPG
<p />Hopefully NB's pic posting tutorial works for me! Here is a shot of the pizza that I did for dinner tonight on the new XL. It's an 18" round 'za with pepperoni, bacon, mushroom and a mix of mozzarella and medium cheddar. Nothing outstanding except maybe the size of this baby! While it could, theoretically, be cooked on a Large, the XL and its big plate setter were the ideal vehicles for getting a nice even cook on this behemoth. My daughter Hannah could barely hold this baby up long enough for the pic to be snapped.
I can see going up to a 20 or 21" pizza pan for future experiments with pizza on the XL!
Qfan

Comments

• BBQfan1,
    No child labor laws up North?
    LOL[p]Both look great.[p]CWM

• drbbqdrbbq Posts: 1,152
    BBQfan1,[p]Nice pie and a cute kid. Can't do that on an oval.
    I fired up my xl tonight too for a few pork steaks. They looked lost over in the corner.
    I know we've heard this before but I think the XL's are very close!!

Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • eggoreggor Posts: 777
    BBQfan1,
    gosh, look at them muskles, shes gonna be in the olympics some day!!!

• BBQfan1,
    Your daughter steals the picture. I hope you can bring her to one of the competitions next year, maybe Harpoon? [p]Brett

• tsticktstick Posts: 67
    BBQfan1,
    Where are these XLs? I (supposedly)have my name at the top of the list of two BGE dealers. They tell me after the 1st of the year. I want one NOW!! tstick

• BBQfan1, that Kid is the pic here, she is cute as a button, purtier than a speckeled pup.

• BBQfan1BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    113-1312_IMG.JPG
    <p />Chet,
    "...that Kid is the pic here, she is cute as a button, purtier than a speckeled pup."[p]Speakin of which, here's a speckled pup that latched onto Woo at the Jack. I still can't believe he didn't make the trip back home with 'im; they got pretty attached.
    Qfan[p]

• TRexTRex Posts: 2,714
    BBQfan1,[p]Good lord that's a large pizza! And a great pic, too. Cute kid - you could start a pizza business now, you know - just use this pic as your advertisement . . [p]Cheers,[p]TRex
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    BBQfan1,
    Thanks for the reality check.....I need it right about now..hope to see ya soon...[p]Wess

• BBQfan1, hey i know that purdy little face, she is a looker.[p]good looking pie to Mike, see you on Thursday[p]reg

• BBQfan1,
    great picture!!!... beautiful pie and more beautiful daughter. ...i'm going out on a limb here, but. ...thank goodness she looks like mom!!!!