Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Our Eggtoberfest recipes

TnVolKen
TnVolKen Posts: 198
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I wanted to post our recipes from Eggtoberfest. We had some request for the recipes. Thanks Eggtoberfest was fantastic.

Big Green Egg Jambalaya

2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 medium onions coarsely chopped
2 green peppers coarsely chopped
1½ lbs ground beef (I use ground chuck 80/20)
5 to 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into bite size pieces
1 lb andouille sausage cut into bite size pieces
2 lbs raw shrimp peeled and deveined
2 cups long grain rice
4 cups water
¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
6 or more tbsp Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning

Set the Egg up for direct cooking.

In large Dutch oven, heat vegetable oil and sauté onions and green peppers for approximately 3 minutes. Add ground beef, Worcestershire sauce and about 2 tbsp Creole seasoning. Cook until meat is browned. (Do not drain) Add chicken thighs and continue to cook until browned on all sides. Add andouille sausage and another 2 tbsp of Creole seasoning. Next, add rice and water. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add shrimp and 1 tbsp Creole seasoning and continue simmering (covered) for an additional 10 minutes. Let Jambalaya stand for at least 15 minutes before serving.

Beer Bread

3 cups self rising flour
6 Tbsp. Sugar
1 12oz can beer – room temperature
¼ cup melted margarine

Mix flour, sugar and beer together and put in greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, then pour ¼ cup melted margarine on top and bake an additional 35 minutes.

Big Green Egg Pork Tenderloin

2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp hoisin sauce
2 tbsp dry sherry
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp oil
1 ½ tsp honey
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp cinnamon

2-3 pounds pork tenderloin

Mix together all ingredients. Pour over pork and marinade for 6 to 8 hours.

Cook indirect at 350 for 20 minutes, then finish off with high direct heat until pork reaches an internal temperature of 140 degrees. Let pork rest for 10 minutes before slicing.

Flat iron steak with pepper sauce and beer marinade

2 Flat Iron steaks
6 oz. beer
2 Tbsp. Pepper Sauce
1 Tbsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp Southwest Chipotle seasoning
2 Tbsp. onion, chopped
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
4 oz. olive oil
8 oz. balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
6 oz. beef broth

Cook direct heat at 600 – 700 degrees flipping on each side every 3 minutes to desired temp.

Jamaican Chicken Thighs

1/4 cup red onions, minced
1 teaspoon sugar
1 Tbp finely chopped seeded jalapeno peppers (I put in as much as I want)
2 Tsp cider venegar
2 Tsp low-sodium soy sauce
1/2 Tsp salt
1/2 Tsp ground allspice (I use ground Jamaican allspice)
1/2 Tsp dried thyme
1/2 Tsp black pepper
1/4 Tsp ground red pepper
8 skinless chicken thighs

Combine first 10 ingredients in a large bowl; add chicken, toss to coat. I let it marinade at least 6hrs but better overnite. You can either cook it on the Egg around 300 degrees or grill it. Great either way. Internal temp of 160 degrees.

Smoked Bologna

Purchase one bologna log
Score bologna with sharp knife
Cover with mustard
Cover with brown sugar
Cook indirect at 250 for 2 to 3 hours

Mushroom and onion stuffed fattie

1 lb. mild sausage
olive oil
½ cup finely diced red onion
½ cup finely diced mushrooms
¼ cup kraft shredded Mexican cheese
your favorite pork rub
gallon size plastic bag

In small skillet, sauté red onion in olive oil until just soft. Set aside. Repeat for the diced mushrooms.

While red onions and mushrooms are cooling, put bulk sausage in the gallon size bag. Roll out sausage into a square. Cut bag along edges and peel away top to expose sausage for stuffing. Spread cooled onions and mushrooms onto sausage and then top with Mexican cheese. Roll sausage then seal edge and both ends by pinching ends together. Add a generous amount of pork rub to outside of fattie.

Heat egg to approx 300 degrees. Smoke fattie for approximately 45 minutes to an hour or until the sausage internal temperature reads 155 to 160 degrees.

Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.

Hope you enjoy

Comments