Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

cleaning my egg

Options
drewski255
drewski255 Posts: 21
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I bought my BGE three months ago and I haven't totally cleaned out all the charcoal yet. I am just wondering how often I should do that and if there is anything else I should be doing to maintain my egg?

Comments

• Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Options
    Hi drewski255,
    I do a deep cleaning taking out the firebox and firering completely out once a year, maybe twice at the most. I tend to clean the egg out taking all the lump out; saving the good yes even sorting it and cleaning out the ashes the next day once the egg has cooled. If it is a short cook like burgers or pork chops I don't do the whole process necessarily. I have a large, small and mini... so I like to be prepared for the next cook. My wife will light the eggs before I get home from work if I have em ready :whistle: so I have a great incentive :blush:

Happy egging, Pharmeggist