Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Butt: accidental speed cook...

CTYankee
CTYankee Posts: 4
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I put a pork butt on last night at around midnight, and went to bed at 1:00. My dome was a touch below 250°, and I was worried about the prediction of over night lows in the 30s, so I opened the vent a bit more than I normally would.

I woke up at 7:30, and found my dome had crept up to 340°, and my Polder read 205°. I took the meat off the Egg, and it is now covered in foil in an aluminum pan in the fridge, as my guests won't arrive until this afternoon. Not exactly how I drew up the plans.

Now what? What is my strategy to re-heat and serve the meat? Do I try to heat it in its current (un-pulled) state? If so, for how long, and at what temp? Heat it in the pan, or wrap it in foil? Should I put moisture in the pan with it? Or, do I pull it first, and then reheat it? Again, if so, then how?

I have no idea how to handle this, but I'm sure some of you good folks do. Thanks in advance for the help.

Comments