Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A few recent cooks...Sourdough, Surf & Turf,

Options
Fornia
Fornia Posts: 451
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've been a bit lax on the forum recently, after going to SummerFest in New Holland (Aug.), I've been on this mission to decide if I'd like to make a commitment to starting my own competition BBQ team. I just looked like such a great time (and I know there's MUCH work in it, not all fun)...and my passion for bbq has been growing since May (when I bought my Egg). Baby steps... :whistle: Wife is tired of hearing about it already. But she's in if I wanna pull the trigger, which is cool for sure. B)

I was lucky enough to get a sourdough starter from a fellow Egghead (Thanks John!). I rejuvenated and followed his recipe for a few loaves. We really enjoyed this bread...great texture/flavor!
IMG_1721.jpg
IMG_1723.jpg
IMG_1736.jpg
IMG_1740.jpg
A nice beef tenderloin, rubbed with some OO and Tasty Licks Redeye Redmeat...great stuff! Love the coffee in it! Small local candy onions in some foil. Also threw on some tails dusted with DP Pineapple Head to join the beef, all was good.
IMG_1753.jpg
IMG_1746.jpg
IMG_1760.jpg
IMG_1747.jpg

Comments