Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork shoulder - do I have to put in cooler?

Options
CAEggFan
CAEggFan Posts: 31
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Almost done with 6lb pork shoulder. Can I just pull at 192deg and chop and eat or is there reason to foil and put in cooler for a couple hours?

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    195-200°. No need to use the cooler unless you want to eat later (4 hrs or so seems safe). Just let it rest for 30 mins or so, pull and ENJOY!!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    I would give it an hour in foil no matter what the schedule was..gives some time for the juices to even out..not to mention it wil be so hot your fingers wont want to pull it anyway...192 is almost there unless you plan to slice it..if you want to pull it, give it them extra next 6 to 8 degrees..it wont be much longer.
  • CAEggFan
    Options