Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork loin roast help

Options
fiercetimbo17
fiercetimbo17 Posts: 141
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a 3 pound pork roast, I was planning on giving it a good rub but I have no idea how to cook it, I've seen everything from 250-350 for various recepies. I was thinking of adding a little smoke too, I've never cooked one so any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• civil eggineer
    Options
    The key to cooking pork loin is to NOT over cook it. I normally just do whole loins which take about 1.5 hours, direct, at 350 dome. Pull the meat off when it hits 135 internal temp. It will coast above 140 while resting for 15 minutes which is the safe temperature for eating pork. If you cook it to 160 internal temp, you just as well nail it to the bottom of your shoes. I just salt and pepper prior to cooking. The direct heat will burn everything off anyhow. Cook to 140...wow, cook to 160...my toofers hurt.
  • fiercetimbo17
    Options
    Cool I'll give that a try, I've seen mr toads pork loin recepie and it made mr think apple chunks might be a good addition as well, any thoughts?
  • LFGEnergy
    Options
    Agree! If you cook one to 145, it will be tough and dry. Watch closely for the 135, and get that thing off and resting! My wife has always been wierd about pink pork, but a tenderloin at 135 dissappears around here before the plates are cool B) .

Good luck!!!