Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cajun Spiced Turkey for Sunday Dinner

Options
Wazoo
Wazoo Posts: 150
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Decided to cook up a turkey breast for Sunday chow. Spiced it up with Chef Hans' Cajun Meat Seasoning, and cooked it at 350 for two hours. Lots of smoke (hickory) for extra flavor - darkened look. Turned out very smokey, spicy, and juicy.

Chef Hans Spices:
http://www.chefhansgourmetfoods.com/

Preparation:
101_0123.jpg

Cooking:
101_0125.jpg

Done:
101_0126.jpg

Comments

• Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Options
    Man, does that look good. One of my favorite cooks.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Hickory'll do that for ya - especially with poultry. Looks mighty tasty though! I use cherry sometimes and even that can be too smokey. I don't notice it so much when I eat it fresh off the egg, but with leftovers, it seems much more prominent.

Don't see a Polder in your pics though. :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Options
    That looks eggcellent
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Good looking turkey.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.