Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Seared Bone In Ribeyes

Options
Phrettbender
Phrettbender Posts: 78
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did my first cook searing some thick ribeyes last evening. They were about 1.75" thick and to prep them I wiped them with some EVOO and them dusted with Kosher salt and ground pepper. Got the egg up to 650 with them cast iron skillet on the grate and tossed the steaks on for about 90 seconds per side to sear them. In a cloud of smoke they turned a nice color and were then taken off and rested for 20 minutes while the grill cam down to 400. I then put them back on the grate for 9 minutes a side and they came out a perfect medium. Prior to doing this I considered getting my high heat silicone mitts but decided I wouldn't need them. I was wrong! 650 is HOT and with short handled tongs I raised a few blisters turning them the first time.

HPIM2177.jpg

HPIM2174.jpg

HPIM2176.jpg

HPIM2178.jpg

HPIM2183.jpg

The blisters on my middle and ring fingers opened, it looked allot worse before that.

HPIM2185.jpg

Comments