Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bread Help, Please?

Options
Matt
Matt Posts: 143
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
All --

I'm going to try bread for the first time today. I'm thinking a round loaf. I assume my setup will be platesetter legs down, feet, then pizza stone -- the same setup I use for pizza. Is this right?

Also, any other good info? Recipes? Time and temp? Internal temperature at completion?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Comments

• BBQMaven
    BBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    Options
    your set up is the one I use...

Bread picks up smoke so easy... I encourage you to get the Egg stable at your desired cooking temp for an hour before you put the bread on... I also wipe my pizza stone with a very damp cloth just before I put the bread on to cool it about 50 degrees or so, seem to help the crust start off slower on the bottom - helps me avoid the bottom being done and very brown when the top is starting to turn colors
    Kent Madison MS
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Sounds good. I also use egg feet or ceramic blocks to add space between the plate setter and pizza stone. Parchment paper under the bread makes it easy to get the dough onto the pizza stone. 450 dome is a good temp. Rotate bread half way through the bake. Use clean lump, no grease smoke and let the egg heat up and run 45 min. before the bread goes in.
    Have fun!
    BGECWMQuickRibs0005.jpg

BGECWMQuickRibs0006.jpg

IMG_5447.jpg