Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mid Atlantic last night..roll call

Options
WessB
WessB Posts: 6,937
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I hope all of my eggin friends that live anywhere in this immeadiate area are doing well....we got HAMMERED with a storm last night/ yesterday evening....several killed by downed trees..no idea when power will be restored, TV is out for me so I don't know if it was officially a tornado or not...runnin on generator for the time being...hope all faired well..

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Tweeve gets even with those that cross him.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i am glad to see you and sally made it. i know ya'll were hot.

here is to restored power.. we had that problem last weekend. and it sucked :angry:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• WessB
    Options
    But he looses in the end...LOL
  • WessB
    Options
    I'm thinkin...cocktail time..LOL
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i think the line is "Beer is for breakfast" :laugh:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    We sure have had it weird this summer Wess.. we did not get any of that storm. clear here till Thursday. but we had tornadoes last week up here. No one killed thank goodness but a ton of damage done. this is just not our weather that is for sure!
  • deepsouth
    deepsouth Posts: 1,796
    Options
    woah, glad you fared well. sad for those who didn't.
  • deepsouth
    Options
    not to be too light hearted, but when we had TS Bonnie out there this weekend, the first thing i thought of was what i was going to do with all the beer and apfelwein i have in carboys and kegs... and my bottle collection (full bottles).
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Judy told me to post this for you...

"By the time you read this your power will probably be back on but here's a tip....go to Walmart or Target and buy you a $50 pool and float away the day. Book in one hand, cocktail in the other. That's what we do here during the summer where we are in the 100's and high humidity most of the time. At the end of the summer, let the air out and you are ready for next year ;)"

Judy_in_the_pool_5.jpg

Leroy_in_the_pool_2.jpg

Spring "Still Wet Behind The Ears" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • ResQue
    ResQue Posts: 1,045
    Options
    I was working yesterday and we had a micro burst come through the area. Man, we had trees and wires down all over the place and had to take two people to the hospital because a large tree branch fell on them. There were a bunch of drunks at the Anne Arundel County fairgrounds for a wine festival when it hit. That was a mess! So I was up all night babysitting power lines. :S
  • walrusegger
    walrusegger Posts: 314
    Options
    I was at the mall with the fam when it hit. Our neighborhood had only minor damage (yeah, I checked the egg first, then the perimeter of the house!). I heard Montgomery county got hit pretty hard.
  • EmandM'sDad
    EmandM'sDad Posts: 648
    Options
    We made it thru OK. Watched neighbors cabana leave his deck to fly over house. ended up in his front yard. Haven't had a line of squall like that in a long time.
  • WessB
    Options
    My generator is keeping my fermenting Kolsch, right on temp...I hear ys..
  • WessB
    Options
    I like your thinkin Leroy...Sally heard on the radio, at least another 24 hours with no power..and if that aint enough we're on mandatory water restrictions because the storm took out something at our water companies facility...at least I do have drink in hand...lokks like you should be good for at least a few laps the length of that pool... :)
  • WessB
    Options
    I can only imagine, and Rick said from what he has seen on the news, you guys down there didn't get hit as bad as we did...it aint pretty and I know you know...
  • WessB
    Options
    We got hit bad in PG county but I have also heard the same..that Montgomery got it worse..with the trashed houses and cars here, I can only consider us lucky, with no damage..no power is merely an inconveniencs in the grand scheme if things..
  • WessB
    Options
    WOW..and I can relate..we had trees laying down sideways...Tiki bar is still in the backyard thankfully....Like I said in another reply....we got lucky!
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

Glad to hear your OK Wess. The only thing I don't like about summers down here are BIG storms. Don't need 'em.

• WessB
    Options
    Thanks Blair....we're hearin rumors now that it could be a week before power comes back up....honestly don't think anyone really knows..we wallked the neighborhood earlier..and all I can say is we were very lucky..there are some GOOD sized trees either down or snapped off all over the place....on top of cars, houses, power lines...aint purdy..people are driving in circles because they can't find a way out of the neighborhood due to all the closed or blocked streets..
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    Glad you two are ok!!

"Been there" with the trees down, neighborhood all torn up and no power for weeks, not fun!!!

Now...glad you bought that generator...yes?

How widespread was it?

Stay safe!!
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • ResQue
    Options
    I guess not. Jes said it got windy and rained some. When I got home this morning there wasn't any debris in the yard like there was in AACounty.
  • ResQue
    Options
    So does that mean you are gonna drive down and stay with Rick and Bonnie?
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

WOW Wess, down here we call them hurricanes. I have been hit hard a couple times over the years. The next big storm is probably the end for this 27 year old park model, I want something I can haul out of here in the summer time. Would be a good way to see the Fest's . . . . all of them! :laugh:

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Wow, you guys got nailed it sounds like. We were on the Southern end of the storms, and while we had several hefty gusts and torrents of rain, nothing like what you describe.

You get tired of no power, swing on over to Fairfax and visit. Even got extra beds if you want some cool sleep.

See ya.
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • deepsouth
    Options
    WessB wrote:
    My generator is keeping my fermenting Kolsch, right on temp...I hear ys..

i really need one for that reason.... sad, huh...
  • WessB
    Options
    Dont know...fios lost a station that sends out TV...just got it back tonight...so we have no idea what they are calling the storm or how big of an area it hit....trust me my friend it has been one of them days from hell...and it aint over yet....lookin like my fridge is givin up the ghost at such a wonderful time... :)
  • WessB
    Options
    Cool sleep...did you say..."cool sleep"..man does that sound good....hit the rack around 3 last night after getting 2 little fans rigged up for Sally..woke up to screamin UPS's at 5...generator in overload..got that fixed up...then the fridge wants to jerk my chain...I think the 8 or 9 am screwdriver was the highlight of the day...the jury is still voting on the fridge...glad you all faired the storm better..would love to know what the local weatherman are saying we got..at one point my weather station was reading over 8" an hour of rain..and even in my little hole in world I recorded a 39mph wind..
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Holy moly - I hate that kind of weather. I don't sweat well (AC has spoiled me). Hope you have clear, sunny, calm skies the rest of the week.
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    Hell...lete'r go out...and claim it on your homeowners...!

Seriously...from a power spike..or just old?

I say put in a 'walk in"
    out on the tiki, ,and just live there 3 mons outs the year!
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!