Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

flat iron steaks

Options
Metalhead
Metalhead Posts: 668
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
FINALLY....k-rogers put the steaks on sale....I bought 3 1 llb-ers. got one ready to throw on the egg tomorrow with some steamed broccoli. Can't wait.

Happy Fathers day to all eligible mens.
:cheer:

Comments

• Susan Egglaine
    Susan Egglaine Posts: 2,437
    Options
    Check out Fidel's fajitas recipe in the recipe section. You will not be disappointed ;)
  • Metalhead
    Options
    i'll look....thanks for the heads up :lol:
  • Metalhead
    Options
    just read the recipe.....sounds muy bueno :side:
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    hey jan long time no see!!!

good to see you. i hope alls well with you

flat irons are great

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Metalhead
    Options
    been here all the time....just getting back to posting. Got kind of disgruntled by all the whining and bitching about the "in" crowd. I guess I just let my eggmotions get in the way of good food and friends. I'm back. Did I ever tell ya that I broke down and bought my sister an egg? She has a mini and eggsolutely loves it. :laugh:
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    If you got your flatirons at Kroger I assume you got the pre-packaged ones they sell. I discovered them several years ago PE,[PreEgg}. They are the best. I marinate mine in a little Dale's sauce for maybe an hour then cook them hot and fast, 4 min/side. Best steak you can get in my opinion, and way cheaper than the more common cuts. :)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • Metalhead
    Options
    capt Frank....yes they r from K-rogers. I love a flat iron steak.....too good to be true. Screw all the steak snobs, this is the best by far. :P