Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

??? Stuff wings with shreddded cheese

Options
Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Marinated some wings last night, have them air drying tonight. The batch I made last week I did the same way but after Egging them for about half an hour at about 350 indirect I wrapped 6 of em with bacon.

Egged those for about an hour 1 hour 20 min. total, the ones without

bacon a little less. The person I gave them all to said both were great and no problem with the skin on the bacon wrapped ones.
Of course they get coated with Carnivore Chipolte sauce the last 10 min or so.

So I will do the same this time with a few but also want to put a little shredded cheese in some of the wings, has anyone tried to stuff wings with cheese??? If so did you cut it open at the end or length wise???

Thanks All,

Bordello

Will be Egging these about 7 a.m. Will fire the Egg up at 6, raised grid, indirect about 350, give or take a bit.

Comments

• Cory430
    Cory430 Posts: 1,073
    Options
    Bob, I ain't never done it, but I spect that if you used whole wings and still wrapped in bacon, that they'd come out pretty well. What kind of cheese you thinking about using?
  • FatMike
    FatMike Posts: 464
    Options
    Got a similar recipe gonna try this weekend from the BBQ Boys...bacon cheese and wings how can't it be good :)
  • Bordello
    Options
    I have Tillamook Extra Sharp and Pepperjack from doing ABT's. I buy the big blocks at Costco.

Cheers,
    Bordello
  • Bordello
    Options
    Sounds good to me, just was not sure if it mattered where you make the pocket???

Thanks, hope they are great.

Regards,
    Bordello
  • Metalhead
    Metalhead Posts: 668
    Options
    interesting.....cheese stuffed and bacon wrapped wings for breakfast.

i hope like hell your having potato salad/slaw and a coldbeer with them. :P
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Bordello - I've stuffed wings a few times - my eggsperience

I think it would be easier to stuff the wings with piece of cheese rather than shredded. A piece around 1/4" x 1/4" x 1-1/2". I would cut the cheese (excuse me :blush:) into the size you want and then put them in the freezer a while to make the pieces easier to stuff.

Tried a cheap cake decorator and it was okay at first but after a few uses the seal between plunger and tube failed
    Tried an injector without the needle - the opening was too small
    Gave up on plunger type stuffing

Cheap Cake decorator - worked okay but then seal crapped out
    IMG_2952800x600.jpg

IMG_2956800x600.jpg

Smoked with sugar cane
    IMG_2972800x600.jpg

IMG_2977800x600.jpg

I stuffed these wings with crumbled blue cheese. Started a hole at one end with a paring knife then simply worked my finger in to make a pocket under the skin. Took a while to push the crumbled cheese in - that's when I decided that I would go with cheese pieces rather than shredded or crumbled.
    IMG_5930800x600.jpg

IMG_5933800x600.jpg

Third time around - stuffed with andoille cut into "sticks"

Started a hole at one end and made a pocket with my finger
    IMG_3207800x600.jpg

Next time I will freeze the andoille, sausage, cheese - whatever I'm using
    IMG_3208800x600.jpg

Cut a leg rack to fit the mini - didn't see any advantage to the rack
    IMG_3212800x600.jpg

Going flat from now on
    IMG_2972800x600.jpg

IMG_2973800x600.jpg
  • Scotty's Inferno
    Options
    Bordello, How about macaroni & cheese? These were deboned first:
    DSCN0943.jpg?1276862601
    DSCN0944.jpg?1276862659
  • berrygood
    berrygood Posts: 372
    Options
    I am lovin the pics in this thread. Chix wings it is on Father's Day.
  • Kenny 13
    Kenny 13 Posts: 321
    Options
    Not too long ago I stuffed some wings with a cream cheese mixture, then wrapped with bacon. There's a thread around here somewhere with pictures. I just cut the corner out of a ziploc bag and used it to pipe the mixture under the skin, similar to the way Frank used that injector in his pics.
  • Bordello
    Options
    Yours look great, I tried a few but again, what a pain or I'm just not used to it. Will try again with just a couple to find what works best for me.

They are still cooking at the moment.

Thanks,
    Bordello