Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What to cook for world cup party on Saturday?

Options
Rezen73
Rezen73 Posts: 356
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What's your menu (if any)?

Looking for a little inspiration!

My brother & his wife are coming over Saturday to watch the US vs. UK world cup game. Before the game, my bro & I will head up to central market to pick up whatever we need to cook.

I'm leaning towards some sort of sandwiches - something like tri-tip or flank steak on ciabatta buns with provolone & cilantro jalapeno pesto, ribeye philly cheese steaks, or maybe patty melts on fresh baked rye bread.

Something not too time consuming since well, I can't prep the meat tonight, since we don't have it yet :D and I dislike buying pre-marinated meats.

For appetizers, I was thinking parboiled then grilled gold fingerling potato skins (w/grated extra sharp cheddar cheese, prosciutto di parma, and diced scallions) and/or grilled bacon wrapped shrimp stuffed with diced jalapeno peppers, cheddar, and ground italian hot sausage.

Any other ideas/suggestions for stuff that doesn't take too long to prepare but would be good "social" food? Pizza and fajitas are always awesome but have been vetoed by the guests. Guess we could do burgers & hot dogs, but we did those a couple of weeks ago.

So any inspiration is greatly appreciated! :D

Thanks!

Comments