Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Flap Steak and other delicacies (pic heavy)

berrygoodberrygood Posts: 372
edited 12:24AM in EggHead Forum
Recently, I purchased a flap steak, a hard-to-find cut that makes nice fajita meat. As advised, I marinated overnight in a sweet teriyaki sauce and egged at 400 to medium. Verdict: interesting and tasty meat - similar to hangar - that I will try again.

I also included some other pics from recent cooks. Hope you all enjoy.

DSC_3707.jpg
Ready

DSC_3715.jpg
Sliced

DSC_3721.jpg
Plated with egged tilapia tacos

More cooks

DSC_3338.jpg
Belly bacon

DSC_3466-1.jpg
Stuffed pork

DSC_3596.jpg
ABTs ready for popping

DSC_3628.jpg
Italian sausage sammies

DSC_3675.jpg
Flank and jalapeno cornbread

DSC_3671.jpg
(World's best) burger ;)

DSC_3746.jpg
Wings

Whew! I'm exhausted just putting this together. Good day everyone.

Comments

• HungryManHungryMan Posts: 3,470
    I see flap steak at RD. I will have to try it. I had no clue what it was. If it's anything like hanger, that's good.
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,393
    Jeremy, how prodigious!!!!!! Everything you cooked looks awesome. :)
  • berrygoodberrygood Posts: 372
    HungryMan wrote:
    I see flap steak at RD. I will have to try it. I had no clue what it was. If it's anything like hanger, that's good.
    I didn't either until a retired butcher recommended it, calling it as the best kept secret in th biz. Lemme know how you like it.
  • berrygoodberrygood Posts: 372
    eenie meenie wrote:
    Jeremy, how prodigious!!!!!! Everything you cooked looks awesome. :)
    Thx for the compliments, Rebecca. I got behind on posting.
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    We have found that flap steak is better when cooked to well done, don't really know why but when I cooked it medium rare it was tough but well done melted in your mouth. -RP
  • Desert FillyDesert Filly Posts: 1,042
    I love flap steaks. Our butcher here calls them Ugly steaks. Once in a while he'll have the kobe flaps....yummm. Next time you cook one...try it well done with JUST salt and pepper. No need to marinate over night. We also hot tub them. Just a little info...since I did win the "throw down" with these a couple of years ago at Eggtoberfest....I won't mention who lost. LOL

Enjoy...these are on my list for next weeks red meat.

Kim
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,817
    Jeremy,

Wow you have been busy. Nice cooks all!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• I like my sirloin flap w/just s&p, too..and a nice squeeze of lime after it leaves the grill.