Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I have leverage

Options
Boilermaker Ben
Boilermaker Ben Posts: 1,956
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We're told that there's only one source of Allessia's La Bomba in the US. I stopped by Greco Imports yesterday afternoon to pick up a few cases to take down to Peoria for the festival this weekend. I was told that I was getting their last two cases. So the question is, what would YOU do for the last bottle of Bomba??? (at least, until the next shipment comes in ;) ) I might wind up with a full portfolio of souls and firstborn children by the end of the week.

bomba.jpg

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Ben

I am not giving anything. You can have the kids all the same. :laugh:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Ben, Did they say when the next shipment was coming? And any indication that they realize they are sitting on a gold mine being the only US importer?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Ron,

Can you imagine what will happen when it starts to get attention on other cooking forums? So far, this is the only place I've seen it mentioned. I don't know if I told you this but when Aurora first got it they didn't sell a single jar for a year. Then they started using it for samples at trade shows and in a short time all the major food chains in Canada were carrying it.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Boilermaker Ben
    Boilermaker Ben Posts: 1,956
    Options
    They're a small operation. It sounded like the guy I talked to was unaware they were the only importer until Anne called him to place the order. Apparently she chatted him up a bit (when I went in to pick it up, he said, "Oh, you're going to that ceramic cookout, right?").

I told him we'd be ordering more for the Eggfest in Oswego in September. He said he'd make sure "the boss" ordered more.