Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Memorial Day burgers

Options
Hillbilly-Hightech
Hillbilly-Hightech Posts: 966
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So this is what I made for the family & friends who were over for Memorial Day.

Started off with 6 lb ground beef, 85:15. Sprinkled in a concoction of ground black pepper, Montreal Steak seasoning, DP Dizzy Dust, DP Swamp Venom, garlic powder, and some "Slap Ya Mama" we got when we visited "Nawlins."

Fired the Egg up to ~400 & cooked direct on the grid 4 minutes each side, and about 20 seconds before taking off, topped with some Pepper Jack cheese!!

They were a hit with everyone, even the kids (most of them opted for provolone over the Pepper Jack).

Was worried at first that because of the Slap Ya Mama, the kids might have thought they were a bit too "hot". But they loved 'em as well!!

Also Egged up a couple hot dogs for some of the younger kids who were a bit more finicky - no pics of those cuz well... they're just hot dogs!! heh.

bgememorialday2010burge.jpg
Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee

Comments

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Looks like you had a great meal! and I love pepper jack cheese ... or any cheese for that matter :)
  • Hillbilly-Hightech
    Options
    Yes, they were very good.

Sorry, no pics of them showing the inside, or plated. But I looooove burgers on the Egg - they're sooooo flavorful & juicy - the juice just runs out the burger!!
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup... Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee