Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

just a thank you

Options
OttawaEgg
OttawaEgg Posts: 283
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just a quick note to all you eggsperts out there.

Seems every time I try something new (well, new to ME anyway!) on the egg, I find myself here and getting great advice and recommendations.

The latest was for my first spatchcock chicken. I took out the backbone my self and used a homemade rub which had a bit of chipolte powder.

I did it raised, direct at about 400F. For wood I used cherry.

Rave reviews. Great flavour, crispy skin and moist and juicy.

Thanks again all !

:cheer:

Comments

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Tim,

These things are chicken cooking machines. :)

Well...maybe, 'slow moving animal cooking machine' would be more appropriate. Although it does a he!! of a job on fast moving animals too. :laugh:

I agree, using this buncha eggheads for info, almost feels like cheating :woohoo:
  • Chef Charles
    Chef Charles Posts: 871
    Options
    Tim,

You just have to love spatchcock chicken -- it is so easy peezy that it is hard to go wrong. I might have to try cherry wood the next time :P .

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• DMurf
    DMurf Posts: 481
    Options
    Gotta throw my thanks into the ring also! Brand new EGGer and though I have not posted questions I have gained a huge amount of knowledge from trolling this forum. When I have asked a question or posted a comment the community has again been very helpful and understanding of a BEG nube.
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
  • FlaMike
    FlaMike Posts: 648
    Options
    Me too. Next month will be 5 years since I started egging, and found this forum. I'm still learning something new every day, and will always be grateful to all the great folks here, their expertise, and unlimited patience that makes this forum so great to be a part of.