Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

4th Cook on my new Egg

Options
DMurf
DMurf Posts: 481
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
To date I have grilled burgers, chicken breasts, brats, smoked a brisket, and smoked ribs today for good measure I made some ABTs to go with dinner tonight also. I am now a convert to my BGE, and to think all I wanted a week ago was a new charcoal grill from the local hardware store. Very glad that my wife decided that we would make the proper investment.

I can not believe the amount of food that can be prepared on a large BGE, I have been feeding 8 people this past week with my daughters graduation. Everyone is amazed with the flavor the texture and the ease of cooking on the BGE. Maybe there will be a couple of more Eggs finding new homes in the Pacific Northwest.

I know we love pictures here but I have to figure out how to post them.
David
BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.

Comments

• Jai-Bo
    Jai-Bo Posts: 584
    Options
    Believe me, I've had my egg 3 months or so and kick myself fer not getting 1 years back....It has brought nothing but JOY to my life and helps out w/ better and cheaper eating habits. Before I had the egg, me and the family would go out to eat 2-3 times a week. With a family of 5 and a normal dinner you are looking at $50 easy not to mention the crap that's went into our bodies!!!! I now will tell the ole lady to pick up some meat and then I just cook and it's better fer ya and no distractions so family time is increased. There is no telling how many folks I have turned onto the egg but I would be a GREAT spokesperson!!!! :woohoo:
    Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!
  • DMurf
    DMurf Posts: 481
    Options
    Funny I was just thinking today about how much it costs to go out to eat and that most of the time it is for convenience not the food. What I have experienced in this last week is that you get time and money back with your Egg, you don't have to watch it cook so you can socialize. Even the burgers I cooked past my taste, medium rare went to well done, were still juicy but not greasy. With a gas grill or my charcoal grill flare up was a constant concern, not sure if it will be with my Egg but have not experienced it yet. And the best piece of advise from the DVD? Burp your Egg when cooking above 300, once is all the lesson you need.
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.