Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Dome Failed!

Options
KB
KB Posts: 144
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The BP Oil Well Dome failed, but not my Large Big Green Egg. Thanks to all of your comments, my first cook was a success. Following your advice, I cooked a spatchcocked Chicken. I used a Moroccan-style marinate: extra virgin olive oil, lemon, cumin, cilantro, etc. And we didn't overdo it on the oil!

I cooked it with the place-setter in the egg, because I didn't want to chance any flare-ups for my first cook (and possible damage to my DidgiQ probes. At first the temperature of my digiQ showed a large discrepancy with the thermometer in the egg. That changed when I attached the DidgiQ alligator clip to the post for the thermometer. The meat temperature stayed at 56 deg F for a long time; that might be because I didn't push the connector into the unit all the way. It all was working fine by the time the chicken was done. My spouse looked it over and wanted it cooked longer (you can see some pink-colored areas in the pic below, but I think it was done). I cut some breast meat for myself and she threw the rest back on the grill along with a second batch of veggies (coated in olive oil and sprinkled with sea salt). We had a lot of different veggies, including the bell peppers below. It was a complete meal with some kalamata olives and fresh baked bread.

We used the left overs as toppings for pizzas we made today. Cheers and thanks again!

4593801858_c191ab876f_b.jpg

4593801494_810416530c_b.jpg

Comments