Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

KC Egg Fest

poolguy
poolguy Posts: 129
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good Evening To all my fellow EGGERS:

I wanted to let all of you know first handed before I made my post later this evening on the forum.
It is with great sadness that I have to inform you all that we:
Hot Spot Pools & Spas, LLC will Not be hosting Kansas City's first Egg Fest this year as had been planned.
For every step forward and with nothing but Good intentions, we have been side lined, and shut down at every turn, with opinionated, prejudiced, narrow minded bull and targets that just can not be met.

We have vendors not calling us back after they said they would partake in our fundraiser. Our hats are off to Boulevard Brewery, Chris @ Dizzy Pig,Tom @ ceramic grill store and Mike @ Select Outdoor Kitchens for stepping up to the call.

We would like to thank Carwash Mike and everybody else that gave us their input.

Nevertheless, we have given up the cause......this time only......
If anything, this venture has made us much wiser.
Till next time
KEEP ON EGGIN!

Have a Safe and Happy Summer
Please accept our apologies

Hot Spot Pools & Spas, LLC

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    That is a shame Larry.
    Thx for trying.
    Mike
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    Larry . . . I am so sorry the bureaucrats got in the way of a noble cause and the eggfest!
    Thanks for trying and keep yer chin up!
    Nice to have meet you at OKC.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • smokingirl
    smokingirl Posts: 5
    I was looking forward to maybe doing my first cook. Keep me informed if you can get another one together. Thank you for suggesting a great place to eat called One rib short! it was also great to meet you Mike!

Bonnie