Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Roasted Pepper & Eggplant Dip

Options
Steve-B
Steve-B Posts: 339
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I made this dip yesterday and it turned out very good. The overnight chill made it go from okay to very good. So plan ahead if you want to make this for a party. [p]Roasted Pepper And Eggplant Dip With Pita Wedges
Makes about 2 cups[p]1 eggplant, about 3 pounds
3 large red bell peppers
4 tablespoons olive oil , plus more for the vegetables
4 large garlic cloves, very finely chopped
Juice of 1 large lemon
1 jalapeño chile, seeded and minced
pita loaves, cut into wedges, as an accompaniment[p]1. Heat oven to 400°F
2. Coat eggplant and bell peppers lightly with additional oil and arrange on a baking sheet
3. Roast vegetables, turning once or twice, 30 to 40 minutes, or until eggplant is very soft and bell peppers are charred
4. Transfer peppers to a metal bowl and let steam, covered tightly with plastic wrap, until cool enough to handle
5. Peel and seed bell peppers and pat dry between paper towels
6. Peel eggplant and put flesh in a food processor
7. Add bell peppers, remaining 4 tablespoons oil, garlic, lemon juice, jalapeño, and salt and pepper to taste and combine well (it took me quite a bit of salt and I used white pepper)
8. Transfer mixture to a heavy saucepan and simmer, stirring frequently, 15 to 20 minutes, or until thickened and reduced to about 2 cups
9. Cool dip and chill, covered, at least 1 day and up to 1 week Serve dip with pita wedges[p]

Comments