Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg featured in the Toyota Connections

Options
GaryBushey
GaryBushey Posts: 63
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My neighbors dropped off the latest edition of thier Toyota Connections magazine. Inside was a nice 2 page story all about the Egg. They are even giving away 5 Big Green Eggs although it appears you have to own a Toyota to enter :angry:

Nice to see the Egg featured in places you would not expect.

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I will check into it Friday. Run a Toyota store and not seen it.
    Will find out and pass on.
    Thanks for the word.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Gary,

Problem is they can eggcelerate to high temps unexpectedly. :laugh:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mickey
    Options
    Have you seen for sale: (He transported his EGG from home on a new carrying device—available only at EGG dealers—that attaches to a trailer hitch and can be lowered and raised with the crank of a handle, much like a boat).
    Like in the picture.
    It says "No Purchase Necessary", should be able to enter contest.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    I have some rice in my cupboards . . . do I qualify?
    :lol::lol:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Thanks Gary - actually Brad McCall, the egger featured in that article posted this personal report.
    http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=871719&catid=1
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Mickey
    Options
    LS could that be called a "flash back" :ohmy:

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Mickey,

I drive a Toyota :huh:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mickey
    Options
    LS me too.... ;)

• Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    Options
    Little Steven,

I am the proud owner of a Toyota Highlander (actually my wife drives it). That didn't keep me from buying this t-shirt: http://www.despair.com/toyota.html :laugh:
  • ASTegaCay
    ASTegaCay Posts: 97
    Options
    Now when I look in my rear view mirror and see a Toyota I look for another lane to go into. Thank goodness I drive a Suburban with a trailer hitch in the receiver.
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    Survey: Before Seeing This Issue, Had You Heard of a Big Green Egg?

Know of it, But Don’t Own One (42%, 165 Votes)
    It Was News to Me! (42%, 165 Votes)
    Only Familiar With the Name (10%, 39 Votes)
    Yep—In fact, I Have One Myself (6%, 23 Votes)