Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonight's Dinner - Ribs - First Try

WhackMaster719
WhackMaster719 Posts: 307
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey guys, so tonight was the night for ribs! Put some mustard on them and put on some "Emeril's Rib Rub" and wrapped them up last night. Unwrapped them and put on another coating of "Stubb's BBQ Rub". Lit the BGE about noon in three sections and had added more lump thanks to ya'lls recommendations. Had the temp pretty stable at about 250, but it crept up to 300 while I was taking my state mandated nap time. Took the ribs out of my old rib rack (Home Depot Special) at 4 and sauced them with my own homemade Q sauce. Shut the BGE down and just let the ribs sit in there sauced till 5 when I pulled them. Overall they were good. My wife really enjoyed them and said they were really meaty and tasted like the ones you get at a restaurant. I found them to be a little dry in sections, think I had it on too long. The ribs broke apart in sections trying to get them out of the rack I had. I ended up pitching it tonight and am going to get the one BGE sells.

The Raws with Stub's Rub:
2010-04-24120637.jpg

Out of the rack and freshly sauced:
2010-04-24160714.jpg

Pulled and resting:
2010-04-24165733.jpg

Juicy:
2010-04-24165835.jpg

My biggest fan, Nala:
2010-04-24165932.jpg

Comments