Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice

Options
WhackMaster719
WhackMaster719 Posts: 307
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK, so I see tons of spices being used for different recipes on here the last couple of weeks, or just this week alone. Most them referred to by just a single name like "Dizzy". Can someone assist me is a "spice list" so to speak? I would like to start stocking the cabinets with at least the stuff most used and loved.

Comments

• milesofsmiles
    milesofsmiles Posts: 1,377
    Options
    For Spices try www.penzeys.com. For Rubs try www.dizzypigbbq.com. Also try google for all. Google is your best friend. :):):) To you.
  • WhackMaster719
    Options
    Wifey won't let me order all 11 bottles from Dizzy Pig :angry:

Suggestions for a couple that I should go with first round?
  • WhackMaster719
    Options
    OMG, I was looking on the Dizzy Pig site and realized they are based out of Manassas, Va. That is only 20 miles down the road! Funny thing is, I grew up in Manassas...
  • ChargerGuy
    ChargerGuy Posts: 357
    Options
    Whacky, What I did was start off with the ones I knew I would like. Dizzy Dust, Shaken the Tree and Tsunami Spin. All very good and very versatile. I also got the sample packets for 11 bucks so I could try the others out before I bought them. Well needless to say we loved them all and eventually wound up buying them all! :) I found a local outdoor store that carried them so no shipping cost.