Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks everyone from Big'un!

Options
2»

Comments

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Todd,

Stay strong man.

This will be nothing more than bad memories before ya know it. ;)

All the best in the mean time.
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Todd, I'm sorry to hear about this. I don't want you to be in any more pain, so please get better soon. I am praying for you and your family.

Remember you need to get well so I can whip your butt in the next Iron Chef competition!

Be well, my friend.
    Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Hope you feel better soon!

Thoughts and prayers from our family to yours!

Michael
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Todd, Sorry to hear about your pain levels. Keep positive and remember, you are strong!! You've got so much support externally as well as internally with the docs and staff.
    I make shakes with kale, fruits and grains. Really good. Could add yogurt, applesauce, sweet taters, pumpkin, spinich ect. I hope that gives you some ideas.
    You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers Todd!!
    Get mo betta!!!! :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Sorry that you're in some really bad pain. Must be exhausting, mind as well as body. Our thoughts have been with you since the word came that you went in with sever pain. Hope recovery is right around the corner.

Liquid diet? Bummer. Don't have any suggestions other than protein power shake dry mix blended with banana, milk and a scoop of ice cream. Health food stores got the powder mix.

Stay strong...you got prayers and good thoughts going every day from us.
  • Todd, its great to hear from you, we are all pulling for you, hang tough man & stay strong, hope to see you up and about soon, Marc & family
  • WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    Options
    Hang in there, Todd. David and I are thinking of you... Hopefully tomorrow will clarify something for you; sometimes the worst is not knowing. :( Wishing you strength and fast healing. Julia and David
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Todd, I am so sorry to hear that you are suffering. You picked quite a painful ailment. OUCH! You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope they determine the etiolgy of your pancreatitis so that you heal soon.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Good Luck Todd!Prayers and Good Vibes are in constant transmission!
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    The praying won't stop. Get well friend!
  • Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    Hang in there big guy!!!
    All the good vibes I can muster are heading S.E. from up here in the North Woods!
    If you can have dairy...Do smoothies with yogurt, ice and fruit or 100% fruit juices. And, shakes done with brewers yeast (I know that doesn’t even sound good, but it’s not really a bad taste and it’s good for you) and some favorite flavors will keep you fueled up.
  • sharhamm
    sharhamm Posts: 258
    Options
    Get well soon. Know what you are going through. Hubby had pancreatitis several years ago. A gall stone lodged in his pancreatic duct. It finally resolved itself on it own after several days in the hospital. Several months later he had his gall bladder removed and has been fine since. Wishing you well.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    todd when i was oon a liquid diet a few years ago i pulled out the pressure cooker and made a chicken soup. the dr got a little irritated when i told him but after i told him how much i cooked it he said "well i did not think you had did all of that" so a chicken soup was good for my doc but i am not sure what yours would say.mine was not much of a soup more of a puree :whistle:

i am in charleston and will be at the camp site all weekend so i will not be able to check the forum. but i will have my phone on so if i can help you let me know. i hope you are doing better ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• B & C
    B & C Posts: 217
    Options
    Todd, Connie & I Hope you feel better soon.
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    Glad things are getting better for you.
  • EgginDawg
    EgginDawg Posts: 747
    Options
    Hang in there brother, we're prayin and thinkin about you and your recovery. :)