Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NY Stips..........

Options
PORK!
PORK! Posts: 4
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wow.....modified the T Rex method on the Whiz's website...but basically, 750 for about a minute and a half each side (1 1/2 inch thick Strips!) I am talking about a hight heat SEAR, flamin' fire, wish I had on an oven mit when I was turning those bad boys (with short tongs)................................Nice Crust/Sear on both sides!....took em' off and closed up the egg...(barely left the open the wheel)...........threw on 4 "still on the husk soaked in water" as the egg cooled to 400 degrees.............then (steaks holding under foil).....threw the main course back on the egg for about 5 min per side......................(almost forgot the quarter turns between flips on the SEAR portion of the cook above to get the cross hatch grill marks!)....you can open the egg on this cook.....more direct heat cooking here...........................Remove the corn and let steaks set under foil for about 10 min...........(we cooked the steaks a little longer, about medium because my wife is pregnant......Go for about 3-4 minutes per side on the 400 degree cook for medium rare....................(make sure your steaks are at least 1 1/2 inches thick!)

Enjoy........good.

Comments