Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Butt is 193internal, take&wrap now??

sirlancealotsirlancealot Posts: 506
edited 5:33AM in EggHead Forum
Alright, we got it at 193deg.internal, Do i take off now and wrap in foil and towel, and put in cooler? Also, will it get tough in cooler while it continues to rise in temp? we plan to eat in about 3hrs. will it be tender? thanks...

Comments

• egretegret Posts: 4,110
    You're timing is perfect! I usually let mine go to about 195*, but, that's close enough. Double wrap in foil and put it in the dry ice chest with plenty of towels. It'll be so hot still in 3 hours you won't be able to handle it.......
  • WingRiderWingRider Posts: 326
    I usually run mine up over 200...202-205.
    No, it won't get tough in the cooler.
    Happy eating!!!
  • thnx egrett, its at 195 and 199 in another place, so it goes off now. To my supprise it has a bark but it"s not a burnt bark. i took a pic. so i can post it if i can figure the posting pic thing out.
  • MemphistideMemphistide Posts: 207
    you are done...take, wrap and serve in 3...it will be good stuff