Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hybrid stir fry

Options
NoVA Bill
NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had three center cut pork chops that needed to be cooked and I've wanted to use the wok for sometime.
Normally I use a tradional stir fry recipe, however, my daughter gave me a bottle of original Korean meat-marinade and she has been asking me when am I going to use it.

Soooo I cut up the pork chops and allowed them to rest in the Korean meat-marinade for about an hour. Then I thought I'd jazz up the marinade with:

.5 tsp chili powder
.5 tsp dried hot red peppers
1 tsp ginger
3 tbs Korean meat-marinade

I combined this mixture and added it to the pork and marinade.

Fired up the egg and allowed it burn a full throtle for a bit then closed the bottom vent, opened the dome and inserted the wok. All the while brown rice was cooking on the stove top.

The fixin's...
IMG00129-1.jpg
Koean meat-marinade.
IMG00128.jpg
Sweet onions...
IMG00130-1.jpg
Snap peas...
IMG00131-1.jpg
Broccoli and shrooms...
IMG00132-1.jpg
Cut up pork chops...
IMG00133-1.jpg
Everything getting happy...
IMG00134-1.jpg
Plated with brown rice
IMG00136.jpg

I was surprised at the sweetness from the onions and snap peas. Needless to say three chops was a bit much but they needed to be cooked and I haven't met a pork chop I didn't like. :)

Bottom line: The cook passed the "red-face test, i.e., the wife liked it. :woohoo:

Comments