Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thursday night's cook

Options
Kenny 13
Kenny 13 Posts: 321
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last night I threw together some thick cut pork chops & new potatoes on the BGE. Cooked the potatoes in a CI skillet, tossed with minced garlic, thinly sliced onion, sea salt, black pepper, & EVOO. About halfway through the cook, I added a little paprika for some extra color & flavor. These came out fantastic.

Here's what they looked like before:

b4i001.jpg

Just about finished cooking:

2isawjk.jpg

Here are the chops prepped. I didn't bother trimming the fat from these, and I just gave them a little dusting of Hog Waller. When they were done, I hit them with a little of the SB Spicy Peach sauce. This was a winning combination.

2uruzx5.jpg

On the grill after turning:

e848qo.jpg

Here's everything plated:

a7091.jpg

These would have been a little better with just a little more char on the outside, but they still came out fantastic. I intended to take them off at 135° and let carryover take them to 140°, but after 6 minutes per side they were 142° internal on the thermapen. Still, they were incredibly juicy on the inside! Can't complain about that at all.

Comments