Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Portabellas

Options
Lawn Ranger
Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Can Portabellas be done during the 18 -20 min. rest of TRex ribeyes? I've only done them once and I think I've slept once or twice since then. I've got a couple of nice ones and some Feta/tomato/basil cheese.[p]Any suggestions as to time, temp. and method would be appreciated. I'm out to mow the lawn right now.[p]Thanks[p]LR

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    stripmushroom.jpg
    <p />Lawn Ranger,
    Here is what I do. I precook sausage and place portabellas in dressing. When the final stages of steaks are being cooked. Still a hot fire. Place gill side down. About 2 minutes place gill side up and add ground sausage and cheese.
    Timing is everything so you have to play with it but it can be done.

• Mike in MN
    Mike in MN Posts: 546
    Options
    Lawn Ranger,
    I normally do them at about 325-350 for 20 minutes or so. I use any combo of pesto, Italian dressing, olive oil, red/green peppers, ground meat, onions, scallions, garlic, favorite herbs and seasonings, (cilantro and garlic pepper)and grated parmessan cheese. Drizzle your favorite dark red or Marsala wine over the top.[p]Chunky style, or blend it and make a mush..I mean paste.[p]Heck, plain with a little butter would be fine![p]Mike in MN

• Unknown
    Options

Some sort of problem....[p]Mike in MN

• The Other Dave
    Options
    Geez, I don't know what happened there!,[p]Did the same thing just a moment ago.

• Mike in MN
    Mike in MN Posts: 546
    Options
    The Other Dave,
    I thought it was a brain f*art, but must be some sort of internet f*art....like they had this morning for a few people use Yahoo and Google.[p]Mike in MN